As Te Anau’s only scenic jet boat operator, we’re proud to partner with Te Anau’s one and only seaplane – Wings and Water – an iconic staple of the Te Anau lakefront and locally, family owned and operated – just like Fiordland Jet.
Our Pure Wilderness tour will take you down the Upper Waiau River to Lake Manapouri for a short stroll in Fiordland National Park before heading back up river. There’ll be plenty of spins & high-speeds along the way but also stops to learn about the area and soak up the amazing surrounds – look for trout in crystal-clear water, listen for native birds and get the inside scoop on three Lord of the Rings film locations. See our Pure Wilderness Tour for more details.
- Then – floating among the remote waters of Lake Manapouri and surrounded by towering mountains – step straight from the jet boat to the seaplane’s float. A ‘water transfer’ such as this is truly unique and to do so with a backdrop as magnificent as Fiordland National Park is sure to impress.
- Take-off and enjoy even more awe-inspiring views of Fiordland National Park and the wider region of Te Wahipounamu South-West New Zealand World Heritage Area.
- The flight finishes with a picturesque scene of our charming lakefront town before touching down on Lake Te Anau and taxiing to Wings and Water’s wharf on the lakefront – just steps from Te Anau’s Town Centre.
Know Before You Book:
- Check-in 15 minutes prior to departure at our offices – 84 Lakefront Drive Te Anau
- FREE parking and secure storage are available
- Price includes a Pure Wilderness tour and a 15 minute seaplane flight
- All departures are weather dependent. Due to weather (mainly fog or wind) sometimes the seaplane may be unable to fly when the jet boat is still able to operate. In these cases, you will be refunded the flight portion and charged only for the jet boat tour.
- Weight restrictions apply – please enter passenger weights at booking
- 2 adult fares are required for booking